Friday, June 10, 2011

Elana Johnson's Book Launch

So, I know today is supposed to be Family Time Friday, but something came up this week in the form of an acquaintance's book launch party.  That's right, Elana Johnson's book POSSESSION is finally out, and on Wednesday night my writer's group and I got to go up to Salt Lake and hear her speak. 

For those of you who have never experienced what is Elana Johnson, you must visit her blog: http://elanajohnson.blogspot.com.  She is total "Awesome sauce" as she puts it.  Her launch party for her debut was up in Salt Lake City, UT at the King's English Bookstore.  It was great to hear her speak about why she wrote POSSESSION and to see the culmination of all her hard work pay off.  My writer's group and I had her come and talk to us about query letters just after she'd gotten her agent, and she was completely fantastic. 

Here is a picture of me and my writing group ladies at the launch. Yes, it is possible to have all that awesomeness in the same room without causing spontaneous combustion! :)  We actually risk it once a month.


Anyway, I can't wait to crack her book open this weekend and really celebrate with her! Congratulations, Elana!  You deserve all the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment