Thursday, December 4, 2014

"A Winter's Lullaby"

Hey Retro Readers,

I wrote another song for the indie album I told you about.  This one is more Christmasy in honor of the "most wonderful time of the year!"   I'd love to hear what you all think of it.  Last time you guys were great!  Although I think the main thing you gave me was encouragement, which I have to tell you is invaluable during a creative endeavor like this, so thank you!

A little backstory: this song was inspired by "Song for a Winter's Evening" (The Sarah McLachlan version) and the Robert Frost poem "Passing through the Woods on a Winter's Evening." So it's kind of like a wintery love song/sensory experience.  I want the tone to be tender and full of wintery beauty, with a kind of a homesickness ache.  With that in mind, I'd love to get your feedback.  Did you feel any of those things while you were listening?

Regardless, I hope you enjoy it! And thanks for taking this fun journey with me.  ;-)

 
Lots of Love and Christmas wishes,


No comments:

Post a Comment