Thursday, June 9, 2011

Book Review | Paranormalcy By Kiersten White


So, the other night one of my good friends lent me this book.  I've been trying to pick it up at the library for--well, since it was released, and so I was thrilled to read it.  It took me a couple of days to finally get to it, but when I did, I was up until 4:00 in the morning laughing out loud.  Kiersten White has an amazing ability for character development.  Evie, her main character was the perfect, semi-shallow but lovable 16 year old, wanting nothing more than a normal teenage experience.  However, being an invaluable asset to the Paranormal community, and an orphan of sorts, it's just not possible. 

There is a bit of a love triangle in this book, but it's not your standard love triangle and that's why it was great.  Besides that, the first chapter is titled "Oh, Bite Me" and that's just the beginning of fantastic title headings and witty one liners.  Truly, I've felt like the Paranormal craze was winding down, but Kiersten White brings a fresh and hilarious take to the topic with surprisingly cool undertones of actual mythology and legend-lore.   You should definitely read it!

Also, look for her sequel, SUPERNATURALLY available July 26th!




No comments:

Post a Comment