Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Sigur Ros


So, since my book is set partly in Iceland, my good friend Ashley put me on to an Icelandic band called Sigur Ros.  The first two songs you'll hear on here are both from them.  Not only do I think they capture the essence of what I've gleaned from my research of Iceland, but I kind of feel like some of the scenes in my book could be played out to some of their songs. 

There's also some Bjork on my station.  Now, Bjork is a little too bizarre for me to listen to most of her stuff, but this song "I've Seen it All" where she teams up with Raidiohead is a song I heard back in college, and I've always kind of liked it.  Besides that, I really like Raidiohead; they remind me of my husband. 

Anyway, I hope you feel cultured after listening.  You should also check out my "Fun Facts" page.  It's got a few links to articles and a few cool facts about the research I've done that inspired me to write Cobbogoth.  I don't know about you, but when I read a book, I always kind of like to know where it comes from.  So, there you have it.  Keep checking this page, though, because I'll be posting more and more over the next little while.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment