Saturday, July 7, 2012

Writing Gems #2: Story Mapping

This is the second installment of my "Writing Gems."  Today I wanted to talk a bit about Story Mapping.  This is my next step in my writing process.  After I've used the Feralt's Triangle to figure out the basic plot line of my story, I take it to the next level by story mapping.









Just in case you didn't get a good look at my story map in the video, here is a picture.  And just in case you're wondering, yes, my office walls are really that hideous Pistacio green.  Don't worry, I'm working on changing that.
  

Take care,

2 comments:

  1. This made a lot of sense! I am a very visual person and I had been struggling to find a way to get it all laid out so I could see what was happening.

    Just a quick question (and I get the impression that this is rather flexible), do you have it set up for the markers to be the 'character' and the sticky notes as the events that happen to that character?

    Thanks!

    ~Shay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shay! Yep, that is exactly what I do. However, the markers don't just represent characters for me, they also represent certain story threads that are seprate from the main plot. I'm so glad this made sense to you. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete