Monday, February 6, 2012

My First Fan Mail!

So last night I got my first genuine "fan mail" from the coolest 14 year old girl.  It was golden as far as fan mail goes--not that I have a lot of experience--but after reading her note, I seriously felt that if I hers was the only one I ever got, then writing Cobbogoth was completely worth it. 

I decided to post a portion of it here because it made me so happy.

"Hi, I read your book as soon as i got it. i heard great reviews [...] and was way excited. I love it! I bet you hear that a lot but seriously, I've put it into my top three favorite books. I just absolutely adore how you can create a plot so different from everyone elses' books. You inspire me, because i have wanted to be an author all my life and I am very picky about books I read and like. I want to read books that are really interesting or will help me with my writing. I ponder how you ever came up with the idea. I love it! I love books where the author creates their own words and unexpected turns in a plot that are totally unique. I can't wait for the next book. and me and my friend put twenty request slips in for Cobbogoth at the library. And they got it! There is a line waiting to read it after the people who have it return it. My school really loves what they've heard about it so far. you are a brilliant author and I wish i was as smart as you as I stumble on finding an interesting plot for my new book."

Amazing, huh?  These kinds of readers make all the sweat, blood, and tears that goes into writing completely worth it!  Yeah . . . I'm definitely going to laminate this one and then pin it to my cork board where I'll see it every time I sit down and write.  :)

3 comments:

  1. SO SO AWESOME!! I love it...and I am LOVING the book! I am trying to get all of my work and taxes done by tomorrow so I can get back and finish it! I seriously can't get it out of my mind! Love ya sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ladies! I'm so glad you're liking the book, Amy! I can't wait to hear what you think of the whole thing. And good luck with the taxes. ;)

    ReplyDelete