Tuesday, March 11, 2014

We're On Our Way!

So Uncovering Cobbogoth is officially on it's way to the printers today.  That means several things.  1) We are that much closer to releasing it. 2) I won't be making any more changes. 3) This is really happening! 

I'm super excited about all three of those things.  I can't believe how fast the time has flown by and how much my story has grown and evolved into something so much better than the self-published version I put out two years ago.  I've grown so much as a writer since then, and working with the fantastic people at Cedar Fort has pushed my limits and challenged me in ways I couldn't have been any other way.  I just have to say that it truly is one of the most satisfying things I've ever experienced to know that I've given it everything I've got.  Now, I've just got to put the pen down, walk away, and see what happens next. 

I really, really, REALLY hope you all love it!  My heart is in this book for so many different reasons, and I can't tell you how cool this whole experience has been.  I've been dreaming about becoming an author for as long as I can remember.  Sure there were times I set the dream aside now and again when I lacked faith in myself, but for the last fifteen years, I've known that, aside from being a wife and mama, there was no other career path in the world for me but this.

And now I'm here.  This journey has gone so much differently than I always dreamed it would go.  It was infinitely harder, but way more soul-stretching than I ever imagined.

Anyway, if you couldn't tell, I'm a pretty happy lady today.  I can't wait to share my story with you all.  Norah's a gem.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment