Monday, November 25, 2013

Cobbogoth Found a Publisher!

So it's been a really long time since I've posted, and that is because we've had some pretty cool things in the works the last two months.  As you all know, I self-published Cobbogoth two years ago this December. We  had enough success from self-publishing, that back in October, we submitted Cobbogoth to a couple of pro-publishers, just to see what would happen.  Well, we were extremely lucky enough to find one that was not only interested in Cobbogoth, but who was willing to take both myself, and my sister Bekah on as an author/illustrator team.  If you know very much about the publishing world, you'll know that that is pretty rare, and so we just couldn't pass up this chance.  Because of the way everything laid itself out so perfectly for our particular situation and book, we really feel like we were Providently led to these guys!

And so, without further ado, I am pleased to announce that Cobbogoth will be being re-released by Cedar Fort Publishing sometime next year! WE ARE SO EXCITED!!!  (I'll post the release date when I know more.)


Here are a few pictures of the signing!

The actual signing! As you can see, after a lifetime of dreaming and eight years of seriously hard work, I was very excited! :-)

Celebrating at La Jolla Groves with these two handsomes after the signing!

Now, I know there are a lot of you who have been anxiously awaiting Book 2--The Lemorian Crest--that was supposed to come out next June, and I am very sorry to make you wait longer, but I think you'll find it worth the wait after you read the new and improved Book 1!  I spent the last two weeks working very hard on Book 1 to put a few changes in place that I've been wanting to make ever since I finished my last draft of Book 2 back in May.  I just never thought I'd get the chance to make them this soon.  But I have to admit, I am VERY happy with the changes.  And I think anyone who is even remotely invested in James and Norah will be interested in reading what I've added.  :-)
How's that for mysteriously obtuse information?

Anyway, stay tuned, because there will  be a lot more to come! And thank you so much for believing in Cobbogoth as much as you have!  We wouldn't be where we are today without all of you and we feel especially blessed and thankful this November!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment