Monday, July 2, 2012

Donations for Injured Fire Fighter

For those of you who don't know, I grew up in Oak City, Utah.  That is a little bitty town down in Millard County that I love dearly.  For the past week or two the Clay Springs fire has been burning through there, and it has broken my heart to see the damage caused.  There have also been two fire fighters injured, one of which--the most severely injured--is Camron Nielson.  He and his wife Melanie are not only still citizens of my home town, but they are both my former classmates, and Melanie is my little sister's best friend.  When I heard the news about Camron, I wanted to help in whatever way I could.  There has been a Zion's bank account opened in Camron's name, but since I'm not rich, whatever donation I make on my own won't make that big of a dent in the medical bills their family is sure to be facing.  So, after talking to the CEO of Kinstone Publishing--the dashing Michael Clark--We've decided that what we CAN do, is offer something--a really great YA fantasy novel called Cobbogoth--in exchange for your donations. 

Now, not only is Oak City my lovely home town and Camron and Melanie my old classmates, but one of the main characters in Cobbogoth happens to be a fire fighterSo this is all rather serendipitous, I think.   :)

Alright, so here's the deal:  For the next two months--July and August--all of the royalties I receive for Cobbogoth, if purchased from this link : https://www.createspace.com/3599957 will go to Camron Nielson and his family.  I know buying one book may not seem like it will help that much--and of course you're not just limited to buying one copy--but if we all share this info with our friends and family, it could make a huge difference.  So please, please, please share this post on facebook, twitter, your own blog, etc, and spread the word.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment